While you are hunkered down indoors during the coronavirus stay-at-home order, we came up with a few ideas of what you might do to have some fun while enjoying the comforts of home sweet home. Try at least one. It will be fun! You could even shoot a short video of your adventure and post it on your favorite social media page. Here goes …
1. Take out an old photo album and reminisce. Memories are so precious.
2. Handwrite a note to someone you care about. Tell them how you feel. Mail it. Everyone loves getting mail, and they rarely do these days. What a nice surprise.
3. Turn on your favorite music, and dance like nobody’s watching. Music soothes the soul. Dancing will make you happy. Even if it’s just a chair dance — move your arms.
4. Watch your favorite movie. You know, the one you’ve already seen a dozen times. It gets better Every. Single. Time!
5. Watch something funny and laugh. Laughter can heal the spirit.
6. Curl up in your favorite chair, and read a book. There is nothing like the imagination and travels of the mind.
7. Have a tea party like you’re the Queen of England. Dress for the occasion. Even if you are the only guest. Don’t forget to straighten your pinkie when sipping.
8. Video chat with your family or friends. They are probably looking for someone to visit with too and would love to see your smiling face!
9. Write that short story that you’ve always wanted to write. It has been said that one is more creative when they write longhand. Grab some paper and a pen!
10. Clean out your closet. There is someone who would be thrilled to be stylin’ and profilin’ in that shirt that you never got around to wearing.
11. Sing your heart out. It doesn’t matter if you can’t carry a tune. Sing. Just because it feels good.
12. Put together that puzzle that you never got out of the box. Puzzles are fun.
13. Write a poem. It doesn’t have to rhyme to express the thoughts in your heart.
14. Phone a friend just to say hi. There is so much to say.
15. Treat yourself to a DIY facial, manicure, or pedicure! Even you guys like happy skin and nails!
16. Learn. You can find just about any how-to or informational video online. Just think about how smart you will be at the next cocktail hour. 😊
17. Look at yourself in the mirror and say, “I love you.” It will make you smile.
18. Bake cookies! Yum! The smell is amazing!
19. Draw a self-portrait. Beautiful!
20. Sit in silence and know Peace. Smile. Life is good.
You have most likely heard the phrase, “This too shall pass.” And it will. Soon. Wouldn’t you love to take some fun memories away from this moment in time? Just think of the stories you’ll have to tell your friends when it’s over. Be well! Enjoy life!