May I use an area in the Clubhouse building to play bridge, or to entertain guests?
Yes. The Card Room, Parlor and Billiard Room are frequently used for private get-togethers. Just call the activities office to reserve the room. If you need refreshments, those arrangements would be made through the dining services office.
Is there a computer or copier I can use at Vicar’s?
The Vicar’s Members’ Office is open for your use from 8:30a.m. to 5:00p.m., Monday through Friday. Computers and a copier are located in this room, as well as a long work table.
Are there volunteer opportunities available for me at Vicar’s?
Many volunteer opportunities are available, including: working year round to prepare for the Vicar’s annual Boutique; working in the Library, the Gift Shop, or as a “Balloon Lady,” in our Windsor Health Center. When the weather is nice, volunteers are often needed to help with “Vicar’s Woods.”
What are the hours that Vicars Landing transports members off campus?
Monday through Friday we provide medical transportation starting at 8:30a to 3:30pm free of change to local (North to Atlantic Blvd and west to St Luke’s Hospital) Doctors, Dentist, Therapy, and Eye exams. We use a four door sedans or wheel chairs vans.
Why do I need to complete a Leave of Absence form ?
A completed Leave of Absence form serves many purposes and should be completed even if you are away overnight.
- Accounting knows to review your account and issue meal absence credit. Meal credit is currently $4.80 per day per person after 14 or more consecutive days.
- Special Housekeeping instructions.
- Whether to hold your mail in your apartment or forward.
- Where to reach you in the event of an emergency. Particularly during hurricane season , we want to be able contact you and let you know what our plans are here at Vicar’s Landing. In the event of fire we would also know your whereabouts
- Whether you would like a security lock installed during your absence.
- When your neighbor notices papers piling up at your door or they haven’t seen you in a few days we can let them know you’re just away.